Paul joined us to talk about:
- The impact of internal communication on employee engagement.
- Key research findings on how to bolster employee engagement through improved communication and leadership effectiveness.
- Steps organizations can make to help ensure employees are more fully engaged.
- How leadership styles can affect employee engagement.
- The importance of integrity in leadership.
Paul is a senior public relations professional with over 10 years of experience. He’s largely worked in government providing communications counsel to elected public officials, as well as numerous senior executives. He also has an extensive history working in the music industry as a singer-songwriter in several Canadian bands.
Where to find Paul online:
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- The Happy Secret to Better Work (Shawn Achor)
- What Makes Us Feel Good About Our Work (Dan Ariely)
- The Puzzle of Motivation (Daniel Pink)
- How Great Leaders Inspire Action (Simon Sinek)
- The Two Sides of Employee Engagement by Sean Graber (Harvard Business Review)
- It’s Time to Rethink the Employee Engagement Issue by Josh Bersin (Forbes)
- Employee Engagement Isn’t Working. Now What? By Dr. Marshall Goldsmith
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel H. Pink
- Do More Great Work by Michael Bungay Stanier
- The Happiness Advantage: The Seven Principles of Positive Psychology that Fuel Success and Performance at Work by Shawn Achor
- Carrots and Sticks Don’t Work: Build a Culture of Employee Engagement with the Principles of RESPECT by Paul L. Marciano
- Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action by Simon Sinek
- Find Your Why: A Practical Guide for Discovering Purpose for You and Your Team by Simon Sinek