Shel Horowitz joined us to talk about:
- How businesses can profit from offering products or services that address such issues as war, hunger, poverty or climate change.
- The concept of ‘coopetition,’ which is the idea of working with your competitors for mutual benefit.
- The ‘green business’ market and guerilla marketing to heal the world.
An author, international speaker, and marketing consultant, Shel Horowitz has been an early and consistent popularizer of the idea that businesses can succeed by embracing principles of honesty, integrity, and environmental responsibility.
Shel is an environmental and social change business profitability expert, bestselling and award-winning author and international speaker. With over 40 years’ experience in business profitability/marketing and organizing for social change, Shel — known as “The Transformpreneur” — is working to create a world that rewards business for human-focused, planet-focused values and actions.
Where to find Shel online:
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- http://goingbeyondsustainability.com/freebies – find resources available for building more social change in your work and sign up for Shel’s monthly newsletter
- Green and Profitable: http://greenandprofitable.com
- Shel’s Books: Guerilla Marketing to Heal the World: Combining Principles and Profit to Create the World We Want, The New Realities of 21st Century Business, Policy and Ethics Issues for Green Businesses, Grassroots Marketing: Getting Noticed in a Noisy World